Solution: Sometimes, under (as-yet unknown) conditions, the CPanel stored Frontpage password can become unreadable on the server.
Here are the steps to fix this:
- Disable frontpage extensions in the site configuration.
- Enable frontpage extensions in the site configuration
Try and publish again, if it still doesn't work for you, try these steps:
- Disable frontpage in the site settings.
- Remove all of the directories on the site with a _ at the beginning.
- Remove the .htaccess file.
- Enable frontpage extensions in the site settings.
If you are still having a problem with the password after this, please submit a support ticket with your Domain name, Frontpage password, Frontpage version, and the exact steps you are using to reproduce the problem.